Apple iPhone 5 event live blog up-to-the-minute coverage, direct from San Francisco.
All-new design. The thinnest, lightest, fastest iPhone ever. 18% Thinner, 20% Lighter and 12% Less Volume. For me the most important part of iPhone is its design and sleek look. Apple.com quotes that
It’s hard to believe a phone so thin could offer so many features: a larger display, a faster chip, the latest wireless technology, an 8MP iSight camera, and more. All in a beautiful aluminum body designed and made with an unprecedented level of precision. iPhone 5 measures a mere 7.6 millimeters thin and weighs just 112 grams.1 That’s 18 percent thinner and 20 percent lighter than iPhone 4S. The only way to achieve a design like this is by relentlessly considering (and reconsidering) every single detail — including the details you don’t see. Learn more about the design of iPhone 5
- Thin, sleek, and very capable (18% Thinner, 20% Lighter and 12% Less Volume)
- 4-inch Retina Display
- Ultra Fast Wireless (LTE)
- A6 Chip (Performance and Graphics up to twice as fast with a battery life to spare.
- 8 Hours LTE Browsing Time, 8 Hours Talk Time, 10 Hours Video Playback Time
- All-new EarPods (Completely re-imagined from the sound up)
- iSight Camera (The World’s most popular camera now captures more of the World)- Panorama, Enhanced HD video recording, FaceTime HD camera.
- All-new Lightning connector. Smart. Durable. Reversible.
- Maps. Take a turn for the better.
- Siri. Even more of what you’re asking for.
- iOS 6. The world’s most advanced mobile operating system.
- iCloud. Your content. On all your devices.
Those who missed the live video stream. Check out the streaming on Apple’s own website. Watch Now >